- Last edited one year ago ago
IO expander hardware components
1 Article purpose
The purpose of this article is to:
- list the I/O expanders hardware components that might be integrated in the different STM32MPU boards
- link these components to the corresponding software framework(s)
- point to the datasheet(s) of these components
- explain, when necessary, how to configure these components.
2 Software frameworks
|Core/I/Os||ST MFX (Multi-Function eXpander)||Linux IOs pins overview||I/O expander|
|Core/I/Os||MCP23017||Linux IOs pins overview||I/O expander|
3 ST MFX (Multi-Function eXpander)
The ST MFX is an STM32L152 slave controller whose firmware embeds an I/O expander feature with 16 GPIOs + 8 GPIOs extra if other features (resistive touchscreen controller and IDD measurement) are not enabled.
For details, refer to UM2535, chapter MFX IO expander.
3.1 Linux driver
The MCP23017 is a 16-bit input/output port expander with interrupt output.
For details and the datasheet please contact the MCP23017 I/O expander provider.
4.1 Linux driver