- Last edited 5 months ago ago
How to configure a WLAN gateway
Configure a wireless gateway
A wireless gateway routes packets from a wireless LAN to a wired network (Ethernet)
For this example of configuration, the setup is :
- wlan0: wireless interface connected to SSID_NETWORK with DHCP
- eth0: this is an ethernet interface with a static IP address, which also includes a DHCP server
- packet forwarding is activated between the two network interfaces.
Apply the same procedure: How_to_setup_a_WLAN_connection#How_to_set_a_wireless_configuration_with_networkd
Add "IPForward=ipv4" rule in the 51-wireless.network file as follows:
cat /lib/systemd/network/51-wireless.network [Match] Name=wlan0 [Network] DHCP=ipv4 IPForward=ipv4
- allows to forward any network packet from a wireless network to another network.