- Last edited 7 months ago ago
TSGEN internal peripheral
1 Article purpose
The purpose of this article is to:
- Briefly introduce the TSGEN peripheral and its main features
- Indicate the level of security supported by this hardware block
- Explain how each instance can be allocated to the three runtime contexts and linked to the corresponding software components
- Explain, when necessary, how to configure the TSGEN peripheral.
2 Peripheral overview
The TSGEN peripheral generates a universal reference in time, named timestamps, and sends it to the CoreSight™ source peripherals (such as STM and ETM internal peripherals). Source peripherals use then this reference to integrate it in the generated trace. Since multiple trace generators can be implemented in a CoreSight system, the timestamp allows traces to be ordered chronologically.
Refer to the STM32MP15 reference manuals for the complete list of features, and to the software components, introduced below, to see which features are really implemented.
2.2 Security support
The TSGEN is a non secure peripheral.
3 Peripheral usage and associated software
3.1 Boot time
The TSGEN can be used at boot time to provide time stamping for ETM and STM traces.
The TSGEN can be used at run time to provide time stamping for ETM and STM traces.
3.2.2 Software frameworks
There is no software dedicated to the TSGEN internal peripheral delivered with STM32MPU ecosystem.
3.2.3 Peripheral configuration
Configuration of the TSGEN is done via JTAG scripts. Those scripts must be built by the user thanks to STM32MP15 reference manuals .
3.2.4 Peripheral assignment
Check boxes illustrate the possible peripheral allocations supported by STM32 MPU Embedded Software:
- ☐ means that the peripheral can be assigned (☑) to the given runtime context.
- ✓ is used for system peripherals that cannot be unchecked because they are statically connected in the device.
Refer to How to assign an internal peripheral to a runtime context for more information on how to assign peripherals manually or via STM32CubeMX.
The present chapter describes STMicroelectronics recommendations or choice of implementation. Additional possiblities might be described in STM32MP15 reference manuals.
|Trace & Debug||TSGEN||TSGEN||No assignment possible|