- Last edited 4 months ago ago
STM32WBA Bluetooth® LE Hardware Setup
Click here for Bluetooth® LE overview
1 STM32WBA Nucleo-64 board
NUCLEO-WBA52CG is a Bluetooth® Low Energy wireless and ultra-low-power board embedding a powerful and ultra-low-power radio compliant with the Bluetooth® Low Energy SIG specification v5.3.
- Called the Ultra-low-power wireless STM32WBA52CG microcontroller based on the Arm® Cortex®‑M33 core, featuring 1 Mbyte of flash memory and 128 Kbytes of SRAM in a UFQFPN48 package
The NUCLEO-WBA52CG is composed of:
- MCU RF board (MB1863):
- 2.4 GHz RF transceiver supporting Bluetooth® specification v5.3
- Arm® Cortex® M33 CPU with TrustZone®, MPU, DSP, and FPU
- Integrated PCB antenna
- Mezzanine Board (MB1801)
- Three user LEDs
- Three user and one reset push button
- Board connectors:
- ARDUINO® Uno V3 expansion connector
- ST morpho headers for full access to all STM32 I/Os
- Flexible power-supply options: ST-LINK USB VBUS or external sources
- On-board STLINK-V3MODS debugger/programmer with USB re-enumeration capability: mass storage, virtual COM port, and debug port
|NUCLEO-WBA52CG platform illustration|
2 Hardware platform configuration
2.1 Debug log via UART interface
The NUCLEO-WBA52CG  embeds the ST-LINK/V3 in-circuit debugger and programmer for STM32 microcontrollers.
STM32WBA microcontroller supports the STM32 virtual COM port driver for communication with a PC using a serial interface.
Use any convenient software terminal to open the serial communication port of the PC to check the messages from the board. Select the serial port and set up the connection as follows (example done with Tera Term software).
Set a new serial connection to the ST platform:
|Tera Term setup (1/2)|
Setup the serial connection as below:
|Tera Term setup (2/2)|
3 Going further
- Build and load the flash memory of an existing example : Build Bluetooth® LE Project article