- Last edited 3 days ago ago
Product state for STM32H5
On the STM32H5 series, the product life cycle is based on the product state setting.
From the development phase until the maintenance phase, a product can be configured under many product states (also called lifecycle states).
2 Full product state life cycle implementation
STM32H573/563 with TrustZone enabled implements full life cycle as mentioned in product state. Debug authentication supports regression and debug reopening via certificate method.
STM32H573/563 with TrustZone disabled implements a subset of the life cycle mentioned in product state with product state "TZ-Closed" removed. Debug authentication only supports full regression via password method.
3 Reduced Product State Life cycle implementation
Without TrustZone available, only a subset of the life cycle depicted in product state with product state "TZ-Closed" removed.
Debug authentication only supports full regression via password method.
The regression password is programmable only one time. This means that once the regression password is set on the device, it cannot be modified, not even after a successful regression.
4 Product states
4.1 Usage and boot
4.2 Ressources access overview
(1) Certificate and password method allow full regression. Certificate method only allow debug reopening depending on the options configured.
4.3 STM32H5 interfaces
(1) Certificate and password method allow full regression. Certificate method only can allow debug reopening depending on the options configured.
(2) AN2606 Application note STM32microcontroller system memory boot mode.
The figure below shows the product states of the product along the lifecycle .
During the product life, the solution must guarantee that the RoT (Root of Trust) and user assets are never disclosed.
- RM0481 Reference manual for STM32H573/563/562
- RM0492 Reference manual for STM32H503