- Last edited one year ago ago
Arm CoreSight overview
1 Article purpose
The purpose of this article is to provide information on the Arm® CoreSight™ hardware subsystem.
It explains what are the principle peripherals of this subsystem.
2 Peripheral overview
Arm®CoreSight™ products include a wide range of trace macrocells for Arm® processors, system and software instrumentation and a comprehensive set of IP blocks to enable the debug and trace of the most complex, multi-core SoCs.
Arm® has defined an open CoreSight architecture to allow SoC designers to add "debug and trace" capabilities for other IP cores in to the CoreSight™ infrastructure.
2.1 Components description
The debug features are based on Arm® CoreSight™ components:
• SWJ-DP: JTAG/Serial-wire debug port
• AXI-AP: AXI access port
• AHB-AP: AHB access port
• APB-AP: APB access port
• ITM: Instrumentation Trace Macrocell
• DWT: Data Watchpoint and Trace
• ETM: Embedded Trace Macrocell
• ETF: Embedded Trace FIFO
• TPIU: Trace Port Interface Unit
• SWO: Serial Wire Output
• CTI: Cross Trigger Interface
• CTM: Cross Trigger Matrix
• TSGEN: Timestamp Generator
• STM: System Trace Macrocell
More information about these components can be found in the Arm® website 
Refer to the STM32MP15 reference manuals for the complete list of features, and to the software components, introduced below, to see which features are really implemented.