- Last edited 2 years ago ago
How to integrate AWS IoT Greengrass
1 Article purpose
The purpose of this article is to explain how to integrate Amazon Web Service (AWS) IoT Greengrass on top of OpenSTLinux running on the STM32MP157C-DK2 Discovery kit.
This article explains step by step how to configure Linux® software to support AWS IoT Greengrass.
2.1 Hardware prerequisites
For more information on this STM32 Discovery kit and how to get started with it, go to Getting_started/STM32MP1_boards/STM32MP157C-DK2.
2.2 Software prerequisites
The STM32MP157C-DK2 Discovery kit must be populated. To do this, first install the board as described in STM32MP157C-DK2 Let's start article, then follow the procedure below.
2.3 Module 1: environment setup for Greengrass running on an STM32MP1 system
1. Update your STM32MP1 system for AWS IoT Greengrass. First, run the following commands from a local STM32MP1 terminal window or from an SSH terminal window:
adduser --system ggc_user addgroup --system ggc_group
2. Fix the DNS error (only if you are using STM32MP15 ecosystem release note - v1.0.0, not needed for next releases):
rm /etc/resolv.conf ln -s /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf systemctl restart systemd-networkd
3. Make sure all required dependencies are present by downloading and running the Greengrass dependency checker from the AWS IoT Greengrass Samples repository on GitHub. These commands unzip and run the dependency checker script in your $HOME directory.
The Greengrass dependency checker is provided AS IS, and by downloading it, you agree to be bound to the terms of the associated license. The detailed content licenses can be found here.
cd /home/root/ mkdir greengrass-dependency-checker-GGCv1.9.0 cd greengrass-dependency-checker-GGCv1.9.0 wget https://github.com/aws-samples/aws-greengrass-samples/raw/master/greengrass-dependency-checker-GGCv1.9.0.zip unzip greengrass-dependency-checker-GGCv1.9.0.zip modprobe configs ./check_ggc_dependencies | more
To display additional entries, press the Spacebar key.
Your STM32MP1 configuration is now complete. Proceed with Module 2: Installing the Greengrass Core Software.
- Amazon Web Service (AWS) IoT Greengrass