- Last edited 3 weeks ago ago
User space CDT project
1 Create a "user space" project
- Open new C Project wizard: File -> New -> Project... C Project.
- In first window, choose OpenSTLinux SDK
- then Next to setup configuration
- and Next to choose SDK version
- To populate this project with "main.c" file, select project, right click: New -> File -> main.c and fill it with some C code.
- Select your project, right-click and then Build Project.
3 Preparing Debug Configuration
Your target must be Linux booted and network connected. In order to check it, please, start Target Status widget on the bottom right. Remember that Linux console cannot be shared outside STM32CubeIDE: butterfly icon.
Please also check How to set up proxy and P2P Ethernet connection with STM32CubeIDE if you are in that case.
4 Debug Configuration
- Select your project, right-click Debug as... > Debug Configurations.
- Then create a STM32 Cortex-A Remote Application debug configuration, double clicking on it.
5 Debug on STM32 MPU device
Click Debug :
- Executable is downloaded to the target,
- GDBServer is launched on the target,
- GDBClient is launched on the workstation and can exchange via network with GDBServer,
|in case of error; please check if GDBServer is still running on the target.|