- Last edited 7 months ago ago
STM32MP13 Discovery kits - starting for the first time
This article aims to present how to configure and start for the first time a STM32MP135x-DK Discovery kits that has just been flashed. It is valid for the STM32MP135F-DK Discovery kit : the part numbers are specified in the STM32MP13 microprocessor part numbers article.
Now that the image is flashed on the STM32MP135x-DK Discovery kit, let's finalize the system configuration:
- Step 1: check the configuration of the switches
- The figure below shows the position of the boot switches in order to boot from the microSD card.
- Step 2: (optional) connect a USB keyboard and/or a USB mouse (not provided) using the USB type A ports (10 and 11)
- Step 3: (optional) connect an Ethernet cable (not provided) to the dedicated connectors (5 or 6).
- Step 4: check that the microSD card is inserted into the dedicated slot (4)
- Step 5: connect the provided power supply (5 V, 3 A) to the USB type C connector (8)
- Step 6: (optional) connect the ST-LINK/V2-1 USB micro-B port (7) to a host PC that runs a Terminal program with ST-LINK/V2-1 virtual port (e.g. Minicom on Ubuntu Linux PC or Tera Term on Windows PC)
- install and configure a remote Terminal program onto your host PC
- Step 7: press the reset button (12) to reset the board
The board boots and the system will be available after few seconds.