- Last edited 5 months ago ago
How to transfer files using ‘Tera Term’(on Windows PC) to Discovery Kit
| This section has not been yet updated/tested for/with the STM32 MPU ecosystem-v3 flow.|
Information provided in this section may not be not fully applicable for v3 and you may need to proceed to some adaptations.
We apologize for this inconvenient.
The article is written as an extension to the article X-NUCLEO NFC05A1 expansion board. The purpose of this article is to specifically help users with steps to transfer any file from a Windows PC to the STM32MP157C-DK2 Discovery kit using "Tera Term" (http://tera-term.en.lo4d.com/). Please download and install Tera-Term on your Windows PC and follow steps explained here after.
- Plug the power cable to power-up the STM32MP157C-DK2 .
- Connect the STM32MP157C-DK2 Discovery kit to your PC via micro USB Type B cable through CN11.
- Check the Virtual COM port number visible in the device manager. For example, in the snapshot below, the COM port number is 14.
- Open Tera-Term on your PC and select the COM port (as found in step 3 above). The baud rate should be 115200 baud. The virtual terminal (remote access) will appear as shown in below snapshot.
- To transfer a file from host PC to STM32MP157C-DK2 ,click on File menu on top left corner of the Tera-Tem window and go to File>>Transfer>>ZMODEM>>Send. Refer to below snapshot
- Select the file from pop up window (example in snapshot below) to be transferred and click on the Open tab.
- A progress bar shows the status of file transfer. as shown in snapshot below