STM32MPU Embedded Software for Android architecture overview
The diagram below shows STM32MPU Embedded Software distribution for Android main components:
- The STM32MPU distribution for Android™ running on the Arm® Cortex®-A core. It includes:
- The OpenSTLinux BSP consisting of:
- Application frameworks composed of middleware components relying on the BSP and providing a set of APIs:
- OP-TEE APIs to run Trusted Applications (TA) that allow manipulating secrets (information not visible from Linux® and from the STM32Cube MPU Package)
- Android APIs to run Applications that typically interact with the user via a display or a touchscreen.
- The STM32Cube MPU Package, running on the Arm® Cortex®-M. As for STM32 MCUs, it is based on HAL drivers and middleware components and completed with a coprocessor management module.
The figure below provides an overview of the STM32MPU Embedded Software architecture. Click a sublevel block to jump to the corresponding article.
1 Open Source Software (OSS) philosophy
The Open source software source code is released under a license in which the copyright holder grants users the rights to study, change and distribute the software to anyone and for any purpose.
STMicroelectronics maximizes the usage of open source software and contributes to open source software communities. Due to the software review life cycle, it can take some time before getting all developments accepted in the communities, so STMicroelectronics can also temporarily provide some source code on github until it is merged in the targeted repository (see STM32MP1 Distribution Package for Android).
Board Support Package
Board support package
Open Portable Trusted Execution Environment
Hardware Abstraction Layer
Open Source Software