- Last edited 24 days ago
STM32MP15 Discovery kits - starting for the first time
This article aims to present how to configure and start for the first time a STM32MP157x-DKx Discovery kit that has just been flashed. It is valid both for the STM32MP157A-DK1 and STM32MP157C-DK2 Discovery kits: the part numbers are specified in the STM32MP15 microprocessor part numbers article.
|For assistance with starting up the boards, it is recommended to go through the related Starter Package articles: Category:Starter Package|
Now that the image is flashed on the STM32MP157x-DKx Discovery kit, let's finalize the system configuration:
- Step 1: check the configuration of the switches
- The figure below shows the position of the boot switches in order to boot from the microSD card.
- Step 2: (optional) connect a USB keyboard and/or a USB mouse (not provided) using the USB type A ports (3 and 4)
- Step 3: (optional) connect an Ethernet cable (not provided) to the dedicated connector (7)
- Step 4: check that the microSD card is inserted into the dedicated slot (2)
- Step 5: connect the provided power supply (5 V, 3 A) to the USB type C connector (8)
- Step 6: (optional) connect the ST-LINK/V2-1 USB micro-B port (5) to a host PC that runs a Terminal program with ST-LINK/V2-1 virtual port (e.g. Minicom on Ubuntu Linux PC or Tera Term on Windows PC)
- install and configure a remote Terminal program onto your host PC
- Step 7: (optional) connect a HDMI monitor (or TV) to the HDMI connector. This option is particularly useful for the STM32MP157A-DK1 Discovery kit that does not include any DSI display daughterboard
- Step 8: press the reset button (6) to reset the board
The board boots and the system will be available after few seconds.