- Last edited 4 months ago ago
How to transfer files using ‘Tera Term’(on Windows PC) to Discovery Kit
The article is written as an extension to the article X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1 expansion board and X-NUCLEO-NFC06A1 expansion board. The purpose of this article is to specifically help users with steps to transfer any file from a Windows PC to the STM32MP157C-DK2 Discovery kit using "Tera Term" (http://tera-term.en.lo4d.com/). Please download and install Tera-Term on your Windows PC and follow steps explained here after.
- Plug the power cable to power-up the STM32MP157C-DK2 .
- Connect the STM32MP157C-DK2 Discovery kit to your PC via micro USB Type B cable through CN11.
- Check the Virtual COM port number visible in the device manager. For example, in the snapshot below, the COM port number is 14.
- Open Tera-Term on your PC and select the COM port (as found in step 3 above). The baud rate should be 115200 baud. The virtual terminal (remote access) will appear as shown in below snapshot.
- To transfer a file from host PC to STM32MP157C-DK2 ,click on File menu on top left corner of the Tera-Tem window and go to File>>Transfer>>ZMODEM>>Send. Refer to below snapshot
- Select the file from pop up window (example in snapshot below) to be transferred and click on the Open tab.
- A progress bar shows the status of file transfer. as shown in snapshot below