- Last edited 2 months ago ago
How to manage OpenSTLinux project in STM32CubeIDE
This article explains how to import OpenSTLinux projects into STM32CubeIDE from version 1.4.0 on Linux workstation.
It is possible to import into an existing STM32MP15 Project some OpenSTLinux projects:
- STM32CubeIDE 1.5.0 provides support for ecosystem release v2.1.0 .
- STM32CubeIDE 1.4.0 provides support for ecosystem release v2.0.0
This is done thanks to Import an OpenSTLinux project... Cortex-A hierarchical project contextual menu.
2 OpenSTLinux project structure
All the OpenSTLinux projects follow the same project structure approach with three main parts:
- Eclipse artifact, in order to ease project usage,
- build artifact, identifying clearly the project output,
- sources, as they appear in Yocto environment
Device trees generated by STM32CubeMX into DeviceTree/ directory of Cortex-A hierarchical project, are automatically included inside the corresponding OpenSTLinux project with:
- source file links,
- dedicated Build target .
3 Linux project
Several Build targets are proposed for Linux project addressing device trees, module and kernel. Double click on Build target launches the corresponding compilation with associated Yocto SDK.
It is then possible to update the running STM32MP15 target with the new build artifacts using the STM32 Cortex-A Linux Deployment Run Configuration menu.
In this dedicated Run Configuration menu, build artifact (device tree binary, module, kernel..) is added using Add... button and giving:
- Local path, on the Linux workstation (en.FLASH-stm32mp1-openstlinux-5-4-dunfell-mp1-20-11-12.tar.xz ; here builld/arch/arm/boot/dts/stm32mp157-dk2f-mx-mx.dtb)
- Remote path, browsing the remote target file system
For a new device tree, it is possible to update extlinux.conf target file in order to take it into account on the next target reboot, see Actions sub-window.
|To get correct support please select the extlinux.conf file corresponding to your board browsing onto the target!|
After download of build artifacts to the STM32MP15 board:
- a script can be executed (optional)
- STM32MP15 board is rebooted (default)
4 Other Projects
TF-A, U-boot and OP-TEE projects are proposing as Build targets:
- all, including Device Tree generated by STM32CubeMX
They generate flash partition that has to be updated on the STM32MP15 board typically using STM2CubeProgrammer.