- Last edited 2 months ago ago
How to integrate AWS IoT Greengrass
1 Article purpose
The purpose of this article is to explain how to integrate Amazon Web Service (AWS) IoT Greengrass on top of OpenSTLinux running on the STM32MP157C-DK2 Discovery kit.
This article explains step by step how to configure Linux® software to support AWS IoT Greengrass.
2.1 Hardware prerequisites
For more information on this STM32 Discovery kit and how to get started with it, go to Getting_started/STM32MP1_boards/STM32MP157C-DK2.
2.2 Software prerequisites
The STM32MP157C-DK2 Discovery kit must be populated. To do this, first install the board as described in STM32MP157C-DK2 Let's start article, then follow the procedure below.
2.3 Module 1: environment setup for Greengrass running on an STM32MP1 system
1. Update your STM32MP1 system for AWS IoT Greengrass. First, run the following commands from a local STM32MP1 terminal window or from an SSH terminal window:
Board $> adduser --system ggc_user Board $> addgroup --system ggc_group
2. Fix the DNS error (only if you are using STM32MP15 ecosystem release note - v1.0.0, not needed for next releases):
Board $> rm /etc/resolv.conf Board $> ln -s /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf Board $> systemctl restart systemd-networkd
3. Make sure all required dependencies are present by downloading and running the Greengrass dependency checker from the AWS IoT Greengrass Samples repository on GitHub. These commands unzip and run the dependency checker script in your $HOME directory.
Board $> cd /home/root/ Board $> mkdir greengrass-dependency-checker-GGCv1.9.0 Board $> cd greengrass-dependency-checker-GGCv1.9.0 Board $> wget https://github.com/aws-samples/aws-greengrass-samples/raw/master/greengrass-dependency-checker-GGCv1.9.0.zip Board $> unzip greengrass-dependency-checker-GGCv1.9.0.zip Board $> modprobe configs Board $> ./check_ggc_dependencies | more
To display additional entries, press the Spacebar key.
|Python 2.7 is required to run this tutorial. The check_ggc_dependencies script might generate warnings about the missing optional Node.js and Java prerequisites. You can ignore them. |
Your STM32MP1 configuration is now complete. Proceed with Module 2: Installing the Greengrass Core Software.
- Amazon Web Service (AWS) IoT Greengrass