- Last edited 2 years ago ago
In a first part, this article shows the STM32MP157 line block diagram. STM32MP157 belongs to STM32MP15 Series (refer to the list of part numbers provided below).
The second part of this article digs into technical aspects, and provides entry points to:
- STM32MP15 documentation
- articles dedicated to Internal peripherals that make the transition towards the software frameworks required to control these peripherals
- the list of boards supporting STM32MP15 devices
- the supported software distributions, that can be dowloaded into the STM32MP15 device.
STM32MP15 microprocessors are based on the Arm®Cortex®-A7 dual core. They support Trustzone mode for secure operations, a Vivante GPU and an Arm®Cortex®-M4 coprocessor.
Arm® Cortex®-M4 coprocessor and its peripheral set are directly inherited from the STM32 MCU family .
2 Part number codification
The table below shows the different part numbers available in the STM32MP15 Series, together with their corresponding internal peripherals, security options and packages.
Cortex-A7 Single Dual Dual Cortex-M4 Yes Yes Yes GPU No No Yes Display TFT TFT TFT/DSI CAN No Yes Yes
STM32MP15xA Basic STM32MP15xC Secure boot + Cryptography (CRYP)
STM32MP15xxAA TFBGA448 18x18 STM32MP15xxAB LFBGA354 16x16 STM32MP15xxAC TFBGA361 12x12 STM32MP15xxAD TFBGA257 10x10
3 Block diagrams
The below block diagram is related to the STM32MP157 line which offers the richest set of features of the STM32MP15 Series. Template:ProductMarketingReviewsComments
4 Technical documentation
- STM32MP15 Reference Manual: device and internal peripheral user specifications
- STM32MP15 Data Brief: package and pinout descriptions
5 Internal peripherals
STM32MP15 peripherals overview article gives a description of all the internal peripherals available on STM32MP15 devices, with direct links to the articles where you can find:
- an overview of each peripheral
- the list of instances available for each peripheral type,
- information on the way each instance can be shared between Arm® Cortex®-A7 and Cortex®-M4 cores,
- direct links to the software frameworks used to control the peripheral from different Arm® cores and security modes such as Cortex®-A7 non secure, Cortex®-A7 secure or Cortex®-M4 (non secure).
6 How to get further with STM32MP15 ecosystem
6.2 Supported software distributions
STM32MPU Embedded Software distribution
STM32MPU Android Embedded Software distribution
Click the links above to find information on:
- Distribution composition and associated software architecture
- Associated release notes